Did you know that November is National Pet Cancer Awareness Month? Cancer is the leading cause of death for dogs in the United States. One in four dogs and one in five cats are likely to get cancer. With rates that staggering let’s get serious here.
Warning Signs & Symptoms
- Changes in eating habits
- Fluctuations in weight
- Abnormal body order
- Hard time chewing and swallowing food
- Increase in body lumps
Most Common Pet Cancers
- Skin Cancer – raised mass or lesion on the skin
- Osteosarcoma – bone cancer
- Mammary Gland Tumors – mostly found in unspayed females
- Lymphosarcoma – occurs in white blood cells and affects the immune system
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas – found in lymph nodes, fat, blood vessels, nervous tissue, muscle and joints
Common Treatment Options
- Antibody Therapy
If you are lucky enough to have a pet at home, it is very important to ensure your pet has regular visits with their veterinarian. These annuals visits allow for the veterinarian to exam your pet firsthand and be on top of anything that could potentially develop into a serious or more serious condition. Annual blood-work and fecal testing are so important for the overall heath and well being of your pet.
Our pets are only with us for a short lifetime. Make that time the most enjoyable, healthy experience for both you and your pet.
To learn more about ViaGen Pets & Equine and the services we provided please call us at 888-876-6104.